Finally! Support from Multiecuscan! - Alfa Romeo 4C Forums
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Alipapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 199
Finally! Support from Multiecuscan!

Yes, finally software support for our cars! I have been checking their web site every other day!

I am downloading it and hopefully it is easy to use like VCDS

http://www.multiecuscan.net/ReleaseHistory.aspx
Alipapa is offline  
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 07:56 AM
Senior Member
 
vabene4C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Westborough, MA
Posts: 103
Alipapa, in layman terms can you elaborate on the newly added support. Does this now mean we can use this tool to enable or disable certain features on our cars. Thanks, Fran
vabene4C is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Alipapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 199
Yes, I guess you can now turn on and off the air bags and do service reset.

We need a "special" cable adapter (A3) to reroute the pin of the obd reader in order to go into certain module, like Air bag.

I am very new to this program, and I am now buying the adapter A3 online. Keyword to search is MultiECUScan A3, you can find it on Ebay and Amazon (uk is what I use)

Man, can't wait to see what can be done with this software.
Alipapa is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 09:41 AM
Member
 
Hybrid1098's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 80
Speaking of which, my 4 yr old son likes to ride in the car and i can never figure out how to turn his airbag off. Will this allow me to turn on the passenger airbag? Is this the only way?
Hybrid1098 is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
vabene4C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Westborough, MA
Posts: 103
I'm still looking for a way to code my Euro tail lights to operate properly, just wondering if this update will allow me access to the BCM and code from US to euro spec.
vabene4C is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid1098 View Post
Speaking of which, my 4 yr old son likes to ride in the car and i can never figure out how to turn his airbag off. Will this allow me to turn on the passenger airbag? Is this the only way?
Australia spec 4C can turn off the passenger airbag on the car computer menu.
(ZO) is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 572
This could be great. As you said, VCDS in the VW community is incredible.

2009 Porsche Carrera S
2013 Lotus Evora
2015 Volkswagen GTI APR Stage 1
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Eurocompulsion Stage 2
phaphaphooey is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Member
 
Hybrid1098's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by (ZO) View Post
Australia spec 4C can turn off the passenger airbag on the car computer menu.
So thats why the australian spec is much more $. J/k
Thanks. I need to figure this out so it doesnt go off on my son. Weve been limited to around town only.
Hybrid1098 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:09 AM
Senior Member
 
RKBerta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 943
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid1098 View Post
So thats why the australian spec is much more $. J/k
Thanks. I need to figure this out so it doesnt go off on my son. Weve been limited to around town only.
I went through an investigation about 8 months ago on this very subject. I no longer have young kids but do have some grand kids. I contacted ALFA USA to see what is implemented in the 4C. It took a couple of weeks and they did get an answer but it didn't really ease my concern. In particular I was wondering if the low weight on the seat from a youth or baby seat would turn the air bag off....or if there was some way to turn it off. Looks like it doesn't sense the weight. And of course there is no switch on the US cars to turn it off....and a dealer can't turn it off by law. Since they do provide an attachment point on the bulkhead down low...and even the small screw eye to lash the baby seat top strap down you would think that there would be some way to turn the seat belt off for children or baby seats but evidently not so. And the cars user manual has the mandated US warning that kids should never be in the front seat...only the rear seat (which we don't have of course). So I made up my mind that the little ones don't go for a ride in the car until they get older and heavier. Besides the front air bags there are also the side air bags on the US cars (in the door below the window) so either going off could be lethal to a child.
I did note when I had my seat out that there is some sort of a switch or sensor under the drivers side seat (didn't take the passenger seat out so don't know if there is one there also)...does anyone know what the purpose of that device is? Could be a weight sensor or a position sensor (turns the air bag force down a bit for people who sit very close to the steering wheel).
Hybrid1098 likes this.

LE#498 Rosso Red
RKBerta is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 03:54 AM
Member
 
Hybrid1098's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBerta View Post
I went through an investigation about 8 months ago on this very subject. I no longer have young kids but do have some grand kids. I contacted ALFA USA to see what is implemented in the 4C. It took a couple of weeks and they did get an answer but it didn't really ease my concern. In particular I was wondering if the low weight on the seat from a youth or baby seat would turn the air bag off....or if there was some way to turn it off. Looks like it doesn't sense the weight. And of course there is no switch on the US cars to turn it off....and a dealer can't turn it off by law. Since they do provide an attachment point on the bulkhead down low...and even the small screw eye to lash the baby seat top strap down you would think that there would be some way to turn the seat belt off for children or baby seats but evidently not so. And the cars user manual has the mandated US warning that kids should never be in the front seat...only the rear seat (which we don't have of course). So I made up my mind that the little ones don't go for a ride in the car until they get older and heavier. Besides the front air bags there are also the side air bags on the US cars (in the door below the window) so either going off could be lethal to a child.
I did note when I had my seat out that there is some sort of a switch or sensor under the drivers side seat (didn't take the passenger seat out so don't know if there is one there also)...does anyone know what the purpose of that device is? Could be a weight sensor or a position sensor (turns the air bag force down a bit for people who sit very close to the steering wheel).
This is very disconcerting. My son will be heartbroken if he finds out he csnt ride alfa anymore. There should be a way to turn off airbags.
Hybrid1098 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally Delivered Antithos Introductions 13 09-20-2016 07:19 PM
Finally got my car ~ Alipapa Introductions 18 07-13-2016 06:03 PM
Long-Time Lurker, Finally an Owner kennebraun Introductions 17 01-11-2016 11:36 AM
Hi from California, finally pulled the trigger lardlad Introductions 7 11-06-2015 06:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome